About The Role
To meet and exceed the sales targets set by the company through the active identification of larger Enterprise opportunities, within existing and prospective key customers as defined on the nominated target account list (TAL) agreed with the Director of Enterprise Sales.
To optimise GCI revenue and profit by matching GCI services to customers business needs at the same time as maximising customer satisfaction, through the management of GCI resources and virtual teams. To engage with GCI customers at CXO level.
- Identify, qualify and quantify existing and new revenue streams within the individual accounts on the defined TAL and develop a high awareness of the GCI product range and brand on an ongoing basis
- Maintain an understanding of the GCI portfolio and ensure it is professionally communicated to existing and prospective customers; keep up to date with industry-wide issues and those of our customers and how these translate into business needs
- Grow, develop and defend profitable revenue streams by achievement of the revenue and GP targets set by the company, including renewal of existing service contracts
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives that are launched from time to time and ensure effective implementation with customers including feedback; provide market intelligence and feedback that contributes to GCI’s future sales and business planning process
- Report to the Director of Enterprise Sales on all aspects of forecasting including business pipeline, sales orders, contracted revenue and GP through the CRM system
- Develop account plans and sales campaigns to secure contract renewals and new orders, supporting the achievement of the targets set by the company
- Develop and manage virtual teams that secure multilevel contact within major accounts that underpin the establishment of long term relationships and profitable revenue streams
- Focus and prioritise on opportunities to sell multi-product solutions, including upselling and cross selling the entire GCI portfolio to existing customers
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, particularly those that impact revenue delivery from customers arising from sales orders
- Represent GCI in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally and support the adoption of GCI’s corporate values
Knowledge: A minimum of 3 to 5 years demonstrable, successful experience of selling complex solutions in a dynamic sales environment at CXO Level
Sector, Industry Knowledge: A demonstrable track record of continuous over achievement of objectives and targets within the ICT sector
Function Knowledge: Preference for experience in the Communications and/or IT Sectors
Desirable: Honours Degree
Qualifications: English and Maths – Minimum GCSE level
Can demonstrate practical experience of applying account and campaign planning methodologies to successful conclusions at Board Level.
Relationship building – building and nurturing effective interpersonal relationships between individuals and across cultures. The ability to create a network of people who are, or may be instrumental in achieving work related goals.
Influence & persuasion – using appropriate knowledge, interpersonal styles and communication methods to convince others to one’s point of view and/or gain the acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service.
Communication – listens openly, creating a common understanding and conveys information accurately, clearly and concisely. Expresses thoughts, feelings and ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
Business awareness – knowledge of, and insight into, general business principles and practices, applying an understanding of business economics, customer markets and operating environments to ensure the organisation’s business success.
Building strategic partnerships – uses appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build links with business partners to meet mutual goals and objectives. Builds network to obtain co-operation without relying on authority.
Competitive Adeptness – maximises competitive advantage whilst professionally disadvantaging the competition.
Problem Solving – the analysis, evaluation and solution of problems, based upon informed judgements of the best solution.
Innovative – the ability to create, and be open to, novel ideas and approaches with the overall intention of improving services to internal and external customers.
Entrepreneurial thinking and negotiating – identifies new business opportunities, generates innovative ideas and negotiates tenaciously to implement them.
Resilience – maintains performance in the face of adversity. Reacts maturely and positively to disappointments, criticism or unfair remarks.
Customer fixation – actively seeks to understand the requirements and business operations of internal and/or external customers. Makes customer focus a driving force behind all activities.
Motivation & results orientation – demonstrates drive to achieve, or lead others to achieve, personal or organisational goals. Motivational competencies typify outstanding performers, striving to improve or meet standards of excellence and aligning personal goals to the goals of the organisation.
GCI product knowledge – demonstrates understanding of GCI as an organisation, the features, advantages and benefits of the full range of GCI products and services and how these can be shaped into solutions aligned to business needs.
Sales methodologies – demonstrates understanding and use of sales methods as a tool to qualify, manage and win complex sales opportunities. Uses the methodology to engage virtual teams and prioritise the critical success factors.
IT Skills & Numeracy – highly efficient with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Must undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
Must comply with all employment policies in particular Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 21 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.