About the Role
To provide a comprehensive, professional and customer focused HR service covering a broad range of generalist activity including daily admin, HR and Payroll support to the Head of HR, to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the GCI group of companies. In addition to providing a first point of contact for enquiries to the HR department, the HR Administrator will be responsible for producing letters and contracts, processing changes to term & conditions and producing management reports.
The ability to communicate both in writing and verbally is essential, as the HR Administrator will be expected to answer employee queries and provide advice to managers as required.
Due to the workload and fast paced nature of the role it is important that the role holder is able to plan and organise their time efficiently and be able to work under their own initiative.
- Ensure all HR and Payroll administration is kept up-to-date and all systems are processed and maintained in a timely fashion to enable correct payroll processing on a monthly basis.
- Provide daily support and advice to staff and managers.
- Keep records to monitor absence, staff numbers, turnover etc.
- Maintenance of electronic personnel files and systems.
- Provide a full recruitment service to the company, ie, advertise any vacancies, collate and disperse CV’s, ensure all authorisation is obtained, produce offer letters and contracts, ensuring all relevant documentation is returned signed and kept on file.
- Maintain an appropriate and robust referencing process for new joiners.
- Ensure all inductions are fully completed and all documentation is returned and kept on file.
- Ensure all payroll documentation, changes and annual P11d information is effectively implemented/calculated and provided to Finance to prepare documentation.
- Monitor sickness absence records, provide monthly report, advise managers re relevant attendance management meetings required and advise Head of HR accordingly.
- Send online Exit Interview link for all staff resigning from our employment and collate responses on a monthly basis.
- Provide administrative support in providing an effective performance management process, ie, annual appraisal system.
- Develop and maintain a training matrix for the company re mandatory, H&S, management and soft skills development.
- Provide admin support, eg, booking courses, issuing joining instructions and any funding retainer letters as necessary.
- Prepared to work additional hours, as required, which may involve some travel to other GCI sites, as may be required from time to time.
Previous Experience: Essential
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English
- Experience of working in HR/Payroll position or within a HR department.
Previous Experience: Beneficial
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Experience of working with in a multi-site business.
- Experience/knowledge of the telecoms industry.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task
- Totally discreet with the ability to handle confidential company and personal information
- Good team player
- Able to work under own initiative
- Keen eye for detail.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.
GCI Managed Services Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer.