Reporting to the Account Management Team Leader, your role will be to proactively manage the existing customer base. This will involve the account retention and growth via new opportunities that you will need to identify, plus the management and sales process of the following products: GSM Gateways, SMS Gateways, SMS-driven services, telephony-driven services and PBX phone systems. This is not an exhaustive list; as new products and services enter the product portfolio, you will also be expected to support and promote them.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Monitor, support and resolve issues whilst managing customer expectations
- Identify potential business growth opportunities within the existing customer base.
- Forge key relationships with decision makers within the customers’ organisations.
- Exceed customer satisfaction through value proposition and perception management.
- Research and build relationships with potential new purchasers within the customers’ organisations.
- Plan, deliver and improve key Account Management approaches/tasks.
- Develop proposals that encompass the customers’ needs, concerns and objectives.
- Accurately price the solution/service within the given commercial parameters.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present to and consult with senior-level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM.
- Work with all departments to ensure that sales/support prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose, and work to continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, plus other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties as the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Day-to-day customer management
- Capable of managing and up-selling multiple products
- Proactive approach
- GSM Gateway knowledge
- SMS Messaging knowledge
- Fixed line product knowledge
Personal skills/Other job skills
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to sell ethically and promote the values of the company
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexible and resilient
- Willingness to learn “on the job”
- 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Performance-based bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- Retail discount scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Life Assurance