About the Role:
Reporting to the Account Management Team Leader, the Junior Account Executive will proactively manage the life of the existing customer base. This will involve account retention and growth via new opportunities that you will need to identify, as well as management and sales process of the following products: GSM Gateways, SMS Gateways, SMS driven services, telephony driven services and PBX phone systems. This is not an exhaustive list; as new products and services enter the product portfolio, you will also be supporting and promoting them.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Monitor, support and resolve issues whilst managing customer expectations.
- Identify potential business growth opportunities within the existing customer base.
- Forge key relationships with decision makers within the customer organization.
- Exceed customer satisfaction through value proposition and perception management.
- Research and build relationships with potential new purchasers within the customers’ organisations.
- Plan, deliver and improve key account management approaches/tasks.
- Develop proposals that encompass the customers’ needs, concerns and objectives.
- Accurately price the solution/service within the given commercial parameters.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM.
- Work with all departments to ensure that sale/support prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, as the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Day-to-day customer management
- Capable of managing and up-selling multiple products
- Proactive approach
- GSM Gateway knowledge
- SMS Messaging knowledge
- Fixed line product knowledge
Personal skills/Other job skills
- Effective communication skills, including negotiation skills
- Ability to sell ethically and promote the values of the company
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexible and resilient
- Willingness to learn on the job