About The Role
As a Technical Support Analyst/NOC engineer, you will be responsible for providing first line support to our large customer base over a wide product portfolio. You will be the first and single point of contact into the GCI Service Desk for all supported products across 5 product pillars, which includes Networks, Voice, Data Centre operations, Hosted Cloud and managed IT services. You will be responding to calls placed via a variety of media ensuring incoming incidents are logged accurately and that sufficient information is recorded in the relevant incident logging software. You will ensure that all cases owned are resolved in accordance to the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) delivering outstanding customer service standards by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous and professional at all times.
NOC engineers provide 24/7 support and therefore are required to work a 24hr shift rota of 7am to 7pm, and 7pm to 7am, on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
- Respond to incoming requests, via a variety of media, against thresholds in line with the contracted service levels
- Logging of all incidents in the appropriate call logging software, ensuring all relevant information is obtained, correct categorisation, contract, SLA is chosen and advise caller of unique reference number.
- Provide problem diagnosis, using appropriate support tools and resolution for desktop problems
- Assign calls to correct third party queues where appropriate.
- Ownership and management of escalation process including communications before an issue ensues
- Track and monitor calls that are with third parties, to liaise with third parties for a resolution and escalate when resolution is not moving forward within the appropriate timescales.
- Resolve and close cases to customer satisfaction or escalate to the appropriate level where further direction is required.
- Assist in ensuring SLA’s and KPI’s are met.
- Maintain customer service standards by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous, confident and professional at all times.
- Proactively manage Customers expectations through either resolution of or updating on progress of their outstanding incidents/requests.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards change by words and behaviours.
- Challenge the way things have always been done and suggest improvements.
- Experience of working with a helpdesk or ticketing system such as Remedy, Kayako or preferably Autotask.
- Demonstrable experience in Network Management tools specifically Solarwinds.
- Microsoft desktop operating systems including Windows 7.
- Understanding of LLU, Cisco devices, WAN networks, LANs, Wireless, DSL, OSI model and other network terminologies.
- Knowledge of IP voice solutions.
- Information security and data protection knowledge.
- Good understanding of ITIL V3.
- CISCO Experience preferable CCNA.
- Formal qualification in telecoms desirable.
- Experience of delivery to ISO standards
- Understanding of Service and Operational Level Agreements as well as key performance Indicators.
- Excellent technical knowledge on basic networking technologies and topologies.
- CISCO Product knowledge at the interface, preferably CCNA or working towards it.
- Knowledge on Firewall products preferable Fortinet products.
- Must have excellent telephone manner & to be able to explain complex technical diagnosis over the telephone in easy to understand
- Experience of working in an ISO 27001/ITIL environment.
- Ability to thrive in busy and complex scenarios.
- Plans ahead and manages time effectively.
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal form with people at all levels within the company.
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks and problems and seeks to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Generates ideas to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Provides creative and innovative solutions.
- Takes pride in personal development.
- Positive attitude and optimistic.
- Maintains staff awareness of strategic direction and goals.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 21 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.