GCI is one of the UK’s leading Managed Service Providers, helping organisations evolve from traditional technology environments. We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and talented individuals who can help us achieve our goals, and to help us drive the business forward.
Our customers span multiple sectors and range from single office organisations to those with more than 700 sites. Throughout our 16-year history, GCI’s aim has been to build something special; a progressive organisation with a well invested service delivery infrastructure, empowered staff, and the overarching goal of helping businesses transition from legacy technology to benefit rich new world options.
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our product team as a Partner Account Director. The role will be homebased.
About the Role:
To meet and exceed the sales targets set by the company through the active identification of larger Channel accounts and conversion of business from existing Strategic Channel Partners. To optimise GCI revenue and profit by matching GCI services to customer’s business needs at the same time as maximising customer satisfaction, through the management of GCI resources and virtual teams. To engage with GCI customers at multiple levels and job functions.
The Partner Account Director will be responsible for creating and developing the growth from GCI’s existing named Strategic Partners and the recruitment of new Strategic Partners in line with GCI’s business objectives:
- Managing and developing key strategic growth accounts and the growth targets within them
- Targeting new business acquisition growth campaigns around Skype for Business/Microsoft initiatives, other strategic sales campaign activities
- Identify, qualify and quantify existing and new revenue streams within the individual accounts and develop a high awareness of the GCI product range and brand on an ongoing basis
- Maintain an understanding of the GCI portfolio and ensure it is professionally communicated to existing and prospective customers; keep up to date with industry-wide issues and those of our customers and how these translate into business needs
- Grow, develop and defend profitable revenue streams by achievement of the revenue and GP targets set by the company, including renewal of existing service contracts
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives that are launched from time to time and ensure effective implementation with customers including feedback; provide market intelligence and feedback that contributes to GCI’s future sales and business planning process
- Report to the Director of Strategic Partners on all aspects of forecasting including business pipeline, sales orders, contracted revenue and GP through the CRM system
- Develop account plans and sales campaigns to secure contract renewals and new orders, supporting the achievement of the targets set by the company
- Develop and manage virtual teams that secure multilevel contact within major accounts that underpin the establishment of long term relationships and profitable revenue streams
- Focus and prioritise on opportunities to sell multi-product solutions, including upselling and cross selling the entire GCI portfolio to existing customers
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, particularly those that impact revenue delivery from customers arising from sales orders
- Represent GCI in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally and support the adoption of GCI’s corporate values
Target to be agreed based upon target prospects and existing customer combination with a ramp up period and based upon TCV GP
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years demonstrable, successful experience of selling complex solutions in a dynamic sales environment through Partners
- A demonstrable track record of continuous overachievement of objectives and targets within the ICT sector
- A passion for technology with UC, Cloud and Networks experience an advantage
- Honours Degree (desirable)
- English and Maths – minimum GCSE level. Numerate and has good Excel knowledge
- Can demonstrate practical experience of applying account and campaign planning methodologies to successful conclusions at Board Level
- Relationship building– building and nurturing effective interpersonal relationships between individuals and across cultures. The ability to create a network of people who are, or may be instrumental in achieving work related goals.
- Influence & persuasion– using appropriate knowledge, interpersonal styles and communication methods to convince others to one’s point of view and/or gain the acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service.
- Communication– listens openly, creating a common understanding and conveys information accurately, clearly and concisely. Expresses thoughts, feelings and ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Business awareness– knowledge of, and insight into, general business principles and practices, applying an understanding of business economics, customer markets and operating environments to ensure the organisation’s business success.
- Building strategic partnerships– uses appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build links with business partners to meet mutual goals and objectives.
- Competitive adeptness– maximises competitive advantage whilst professionally disadvantaging the competition.
- Problem Solving– the analysis, evaluation and solution of problems, based upon informed judgements of the best solution.
- Innovative – the ability to create, and be open to, novel ideas and approaches with the overall intention of improving services to internal and external customers.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and negotiating– identifies new business opportunities, generates innovative ideas and negotiates tenaciously to implement them.
- Resilience– maintains performance in the face of adversity. Reacts maturely and positively to disappointments, criticism or unfair remarks.
- Customer fixation– actively seeks to understand the requirements and business operations of internal and/or external customers. Makes customer focus a driving force behind all activities
- Motivation & results orientation– demonstrates drive to achieve personal or organisational goals. Motivational competencies typify outstanding performers, striving to improve or meet standards of excellence and aligning personal goals to the goals of the organisation.
- GCI product knowledge– demonstrates understanding of GCI as an organisation, the features, advantages and benefits of the full range of GCI products and services and how these can be shaped into solutions aligned to business needs.
- Sales methodologies– demonstrates understanding and use of sales methods as a tool to qualify, manage and win complex sales opportunities. Uses the methodology to engage virtual teams and prioritise the critical success factors.
- IT Skills & Numeracy – highly efficient with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
The Partner Account Director will be required to engage across multiple levels within a Partner account, requiring a good understanding of a Partner’s business strategy and objectives and aligning those with GCI’s business. This role would suit a dynamic sales person who enjoys a fast paced, constantly changing environment and can run with the opportunities that environment creates. This role can lead to a Sales Management position so requires a person genuinely interested in people.
Must comply with all employment policies in particular Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes bonus, 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days after 2 years plus bank holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.