About the role
The Pre-Sales Consultant will support Internal Sales Teams and Strategic Partners by providing solution proposals, cost quotes, customer workshops and design documentation for service offerings across the GCI/Blue Chip product portfolio. A key objective for GCI’s Pre-Sales Consultants is to become a Subject Matter Expert in at least 2 of the product areas within GCI’s portfolio, plus have a generally good technical understanding of all other service offerings. This role focuses on our Managed IT Service Solutions.
The Pre-Sales Consultant will add value to the Sales Teams throughout the sales engagement process and increase the win rate on new Cloud and on-premise Infrastructure Solutions. They will also add value to individual customer engagements through consultation and demonstrative capability, maximise the sales opportunity, ensure deliverable solutions are sold, and make sure that equipment specifications and timescales are accurate.
Ensure opportunities presented by Sales/Partners are well qualified and fit our technical capabilities. Be prepared to push-back or no-bid opportunities that are not appropriate or stray too far from our core competencies/strengths.
Supporting the Direct Sale
Attend joint visits with Sales to consult on solutions to meet the customer’s requirements, including a blend of on-premise solutions and /or a comparison of Cloud vs. on-premise solutions where required. Be seen as the “trusted advisor” and “Subject Matter Expert” early on in the customer engagement.
Supporting ITT / RFP Responses
Support Request For Proposal (RFP) engagements through interpretation and extraction of requirements, and the delivery of technical content in response. This may involve the delivery of presentations to prospective clients.
Review Sales Proposals
Review and approve Sales Proposals and be accountable for the accuracy of solutions presented by the Sales Teams.
Assist Sales in providing indicative or final pricing for solutions being proposed.
Provide input during the creation of sales proposals through articulation of the technical solution, and support with right sizing, specification, and equipment requirements.
Support the transition of the Sales Process into delivery (where necessary) through the handover of technical solutions into the Projects/Service Desk functions.
Sales & Marketing Support
Support Marketing and lead generation directives, including event presentations, the creation of website content and blog posts, as well as providing technical input to customer Case Studies or Whitepapers. Be willing to provide ad hoc and structured training around GCI’s solutions to sales personnel in support of the sales process.
- Technical Competency
Candidates must have significant experience of designing and implementing IT solutions and of working directly with Enterprise Customers. They must possess:
- Industry-aligned technical qualifications covering core GCI products and services
- Knowledge of Cloud services, including IaaS and SaaS solutions
- An awareness of current IT trends and an appetite for continual development in this area
- An in-depth understanding of infrastructure delivery models, covering Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud
- Infrastructure solution design, specification and integration
- Virtualisation experience covering VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V technologies
- Understanding of design principles associated with Enterprise storage solutions. Dell EMC experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s portfolio of products and services, including Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, SQL Server, Skype for Business, and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop offerings, including Microsoft RDS and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- A solid understanding of security principles, including Firewalls and threat management/mitigation
- Enterprise backup and disaster recovery experience (Veeam, Carbonite EVault, Zerto, VMware SRM)
- Experience of the IT Services technology areas from within GCI’s product portfolio
- Technical awareness of other technology areas across the wider GCI portfolio (Unified Comms, Network, Cloud, Office 365, Security)
- A proactive approach to communications
- The ability to produce comprehensive and detailed solution design documentation for review and approval, both internally and for customers
- A willingness to undertake delegated activity relating to Product and Service Catalogue development.
- Able to present solutions and designs in a convincing way, gaining commitment and support
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Plans and establishes appropriate courses of action to achieve objectives
- Demonstrates a passion for excellence, setting high standards for self and others
- Able to refocus and adapt own style to achieve goals