About the role
The Product Manager will own their product end-to-end. This means they are responsible for both the development lifecycle of the product and the sales and profit performance during its lifetime.
The Product Manager is central to the overall adoption and performance of the product within the business, and will interface with every department to ensure that all those that interact with the product both understand and have a good experience with it.
A sales performance number will be set against each product, and it is the responsibility of the Product Manager to ensure that this number is achieved by working across the business, supporting the Sales and Marketing teams to deliver compelling Go-To-Market strategies.
Discovery and Innovation
- Keep up-to-date with market trends, identifying areas where the current product set needs to add functionality or where a new product opportunity exists
- Spend time with Sales and customers to understand how their needs are changing, again identifying opportunities to enhance the product portfolio
- Provide thought leadership around your product set, writing blogs, delivering webinars and communicating how GCI is a leader in our industry
- Maintain a product roadmap that is customer facing
New Product Introduction
- Build business cases around new products or enhancements that you wish to bring to market
- Lead development activity to realise your product vision. This will mean acting as Project Manager for smaller projects and working with an assigned Project Manager for larger projects
- Act as overall sign-off for the features and quality of the product you are bringing to market
- Train Sales and support Marketing with a GTM plan
- Test designs with customers to ensure they meet customer requirements
In Life Management
- Continually assess whether the current product meets the needs of customers and is competitive in the market, driving new development or corrective actions where necessary.
- Plan for “end of life” activities where required
- Keep product collateral and training materials up-to-date
Financial Performance and Reporting
- Ensure timely collection of key metrics against each product, to be accessible by the Management Team
- Where sales and other KPIs are not being met, take corrective actions. This could involve changing pricing, delivering further training and updating the product
- Agree and assist with delivery a GTM plan with Marketing for all key products
Candidates must have experience of working in either a Product Management, Technical Architect or Pre-Sales role, accountable for delivering Managed Services and driving customer satisfaction. A strong knowledge of the technology market and commercial drivers affecting customers is essential.
Excellent understanding of the UK/global networks market and GCI product set is essential as is a good understanding of customer experience across multiple sectors and understanding of key drivers for a business buyer. Understanding the aspects of service which deliver customer value and loyalty is essential, along with a track record of running programs that have improved levels of customer satisfaction.
Can inspire teams across the business, share a clear direction and align goals and objectives. Can influence strategy, ensuring that the customer message is understood and that services are developed to specification.
Can engage effectively with customers at all levels to understand their requirements, plus gather feedback on our progress. Can develop strategic and operational relationships based on trust and professional credibility.
Can think conceptually and “outside of the box” in the development and implementation of customer propositions
Demonstrates strong general management skills and knowledge, understanding clearly how the financial and commercial drivers impact GCI’s overall business positioning, both in the market and with its customers.
Possesses strong analytical skills. The ability to analyse both qualitative and quantitative data, evaluate the key findings and communicate clear direction is critical to the success of this role.
Ability to manage the Product Development Program as a key business project. Must be effective in project planning, implementation and project monitoring skills. Ensures effective allocation of time/resource to ensure all teams are performing effectively.
Able to refocus and adapt own style to achieve goals. Must be comfortable operating within an environment of changing priorities and can remain focused on continual improvement. Responds well to changing priorities and demonstrates personal involvement in new activities. Embraces change to maximise organisational effectiveness.
Demonstrates a passion for creating products which deliver value to customers and therefore generate solid repeatable revenue and profit for GCI. Has the drive and enthusiasm to complete and deliver strategic projects end-to-end. Proactively looks for opportunities to make improvements to enhance personal and team effectiveness. Has a strong personal credibility for their area of specialism.