About the role
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is for the provision of day-to-day leadership for projects/programmes to ensure the delivery of project on time, within budget and in line with agreed customer timelines. The Project Manager will also promote the achievement of high standards of performance against Corporate and Service-specific performance indicators, delivering measurable improvements in effectiveness, quality and timeliness.
Delivery of projects on time and in line with customer and budgetary commitments. Consistent achievement of customer satisfaction levels and continual improvement targets.
Key Responsibility Areas
Producing and agreeing the high-level baseline project implementation plans and procedures. Co-ordinating activities associated with the plans, updating as necessary. Implementing project standards for project planning, review, control, reporting and quality. Monitoring (PMO), controlling and reporting of progress, including review meetings. Managing changes to the project/contract.
Management of a matrix delivery team in the deployment of standard, complex, bespoke and strategically-important solutions comprised of the GCI and associated companies’ product portfolio for both new and existing customers in accordance with GCI project delivery framework. Identifying and quantifying the potential risks to the project and preparing containment plans to minimise their impact on the project throughout the duration of the project. Owning responsibility for all Health and Safety matters in day-to-day implementation. Ensuring that the delivered solution is tested successfully and supporting documentation is presented to the customer on completion of the project.
Effectively manage priorities of the project team, which may require refocus as the demands of a project change. Managing the Transition of the project into Support “Bring into Service” Capture Lessons Learned.
Project level engagement with internal/external stakeholders, producing detailed reports.
Ensure appropriate resource management within project(s) to enable the successful delivery of service. Organising the resources available to the project in an appropriate manner to enable the achievement of the project objectives in accordance with the agreed specification, plan and cost budget, ensuring effective delivery of MRR targets set by the business.
Compliance with and continuous improvement of the current product, processes and work procedures within PPM. Drive through change and take report on “Lessons Learned” to improve delivery. Ensuring project processes and standards are implemented, overseeing technical specifications.
Key Criteria – Personal
- Demonstrable experience of the planning and delivery of complex customer projects
- Understanding of data and voice network, SFB, VoIP
- Understanding of Carrier SLAs
- Understanding of Carrier support plans, including the escalation process
- Experience in building both strategic and operational customer relationships and partnerships
- Customer service and operations background
- Becomes intimately involved in customer’s decision-making processes
- Acts as a credible and trusted professional partner and adviser to customers
Relationship Building & stakeholder management
- Develops strategic and operational relationships with the Customer and works effectively in partnership with them
- Establishes and maintains internal and external relationships and influence
- Understands group, social and stakeholder dynamics
- Adapts accordingly when meeting with new people from different cultures and backgrounds
Confidence, Coaching and Developing Self and Others
- Faces challenges
- Demonstrates strong belief in own ability and seeks opportunities to do new things and take on new responsibilities
- Encourages others to learn and to develop themselves
- Develops on the job experiences, projects and assignments to foster individual development
Dealing with Difficult People
- Facilitates agreement/consensus between disagreeing parties
- Remain unbiased when settling issues between different parties
Judgment and Decision Making
- Demonstrates decisiveness/action to address issues
- Goes beyond immediate problems, sees route cause and different decision options
Technical Competence & Professional Excellence
- Has strong personal organisation skills, and is able to structure their time and multi-task effectively
- Shares knowledge or expertise with colleagues and customers
- Passionate about successful project delivery and customer satisfaction
Communication and negotiating skills
- Proactive communicator – ensures all stakeholders are consistently updated and effective relationships maintained at all times
- Communicates in a way designed to promote consensus and agreement
- Able to influence decisions in support of the desired commercial and customer outcome
Adaptability and Flexibility
- Responds well to changing priorities and demonstrates personal involvement in new activities
- Works alongside others with different approaches to identify different ways of achieving results
- Anticipates customer needs and looks proactively at future issues
- Takes action to avoid problems which are not yet obvious to others – Risk/Issue management
Influence and Persuasion
- Establishes personal credibility based on demonstrable added value within areas of specialism
- Influences, drives, motivates and manages change across all areas of project delivery
Planning and Organising
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership for all aspects of project delivery
Team Management, Empowerment and Delegation
- Acts to promote good morale and cooperation, addresses problems in a timely and proactive way
Act in accordance with GCI’s corporate security standards
- IS Security Policy
- HR Security Policy