About the Role:
Purchase Ordering is a very important role within the accounting environment. Part administration and part accounts. A good Purchase Orders Clerk, is a methodical and accurate person, who naturally enjoys attention to detail. The job does have an aspect of routine and data entry. It is a very good starting point of entry into the accounting field. The role is being advertised due to growth of the company and the need of the existing team.
- Preparing or editing purchase orders using Sage as requested by various departments.
- Making sure that the correct documentation is available to allow a purchase order to be raised
- Making sure that the Company Procedures are adhered to at all times regarding the raising of purchase orders
- Sourcing price quotations from suppliers
- Liaising with the varies departments as required
- Placing orders with suppliers
- Maintaining a filing system
- Interacting with supplier in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods.
- Making credit card payments to suppliers
- Maintaining purchase order spreadsheet and Inventory Reports
- Adhoc assistance to other departments as required
- Previous Purchase Ordering experience and use of Sage 200 advantageous but not essential.
- Competence in Excel
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good communications skills