GCI is one of the UK’s leading Managed Service Providers, helping organisations evolve from traditional technology environments. We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and talented individuals who can help us achieve our goals, and to help us drive the business forward.
Our customers span multiple sectors and range from single office organisations to those with more than 700 sites. Throughout our 16-year history, GCI’s aim has been to build something special; a progressive organisation with a well invested service delivery infrastructure, empowered staff, and the overarching goal of helping businesses transition from legacy technology to benefit rich new world options.
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our product team as a Senior Service Desk Partner Account Director. The role will be based in Derby.
About the Role
To deliver remote technical engineering to GCI customer base and provide a point of escalation for support staff
- Support equipment (servers, workstations, routers, switches etc)
- Diagnostics of IT faults
- Carry out project work/IT upgrades of customer’s systems
- Migrating/upgrading servers to new hardware/cloud solutions
- Remote work including remote diagnostic and repair of faults
- Take on escalated tickets from 1st tier
- Take on critical priority tickets
- Monitor e-mails logging tickets, following up chases
- Installation of new software solutions.
- Time management – efficiency
- Strong Skills workstations, laptops. Including windows OS
- Repair and service of IT related faults and issues.
- Installation of IT equipment and software
- Ability to speak to customers with a customer service focused goal.
- Experience of MS SBS 2003 -2011, MS server OS 2003 -2016, SANs and Switches
- Strong diagnostic mind set, to deal with and resolve new issues
- Strong demonstrable skills in the management and migration of Exchange and Server Operating systems.
- Strong understanding of the management and installation of Hyper-V and / or VMWare.
- Strong understanding of firewall technologies.
- MCSE/MCSA is desirable.
- Windows Server 2003-2016.
- Exchange Server 2003-2013 (IIS & SSL Configuration)
- Small Business Server 2003-2011
- Active Directory/Group Policy.
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV)
- Windows Desktop O/S
- Office products
- BYOD Configuration
- Email Integration (BES/BIS, Active Sync, etc)
- Server Roles (DFS, IIS, RDS)
- Remote access configuration and troubleshooting (VPN, RDP, Direct Access)
- Router/Firewall configuration including TCP/IP, NAT, PAT, static routing and wi-fi management.
Desirable but not essential:
A capable and experienced Senior systems engineer with the ability to work interdependently and contribute to the support teams across the organisation. Excellent communication skills at all levels within and outside the business.
Willingness to expand on existing technology skills and learn new products and technologies.
Good communication, leadership and customer facing skills.
- Must undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Must comply with all employment policies in particular Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities
- Must comply with GCI’s Information Security Policies in line with ISO 27001 standard.
- 22 days rising to 25 days with length of service, plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Westfield Health care
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discount scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme