About the Role:
The Senior Service Desk/Field Engineer will provide 2nd line support to GCI’s MIT customers, as a point of escalation for 1st line support staff, in addition the role holder will provide onsite and remote technical engineering to our customer base.
- Installing new equipment to customer sites, including: servers, workstations, routers and switches
- Repairing IT faults (OS repair, hardware replacements etc.
- Carry out project work/IT upgrades of customer’s systems
- Migrating/upgrading servers to new hardware/cloud solutions
- Installation of new software.
- Remote work including diagnostic and repair of faults
- Provide escalation support for 1st line engineers
- Take responsibility for critical priority tickets.
- Monitor e-mails logging tickets, following up and chasing
- Repair and service of IT related faults and issues
- Installation of IT equipment and software
- Experience of MS SBS 2003-2011, MS Server OS 2003-2016, SANS and Switches
- Strong demonstrable skills in the management and migration of Exchange and Server Operating systems.
- Strong understanding of the management and installation of Hyper-V and/or VMWare
- Strong understanding of firewall technologies
- Windows Server 2003-2016
- Exchange server 2003-2013 (IIS & SSL Configuration)
- Small Business Server 2003-2011
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV)
- Windows O/S and Office products
- Email integration (BES/BIS. Active Sync, etc)
- Remote access configuration and troubleshooting (VPN, RDP, Direct access)
- Router/Firewall configuration including TCP/IP, NAT,PAT, static routing and wi-fi management.
- Desirable but not essential: VMware, Cisco, SharePoint, Lync, Citrix
- Capable an experienced systems engineer
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong diagnostic mindset, with the ability to deal with and resolve new and complex issues.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work under own initiative but also as part of a wider team to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- The willingness to learn new skills and expand personal knowledge.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes bonus, 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days after 2 years plus bank holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.