Allowing remote access to corporate network resources is fraught with risk. It’s commonplace for organisations to have invested in firewalls, VPNs and other ways to protect the network from disruption only to use simple passwords to protect them—passwords that can be easily shared, hacked, recycled and stolen. How do you know the person logging into your network is a known and trusted user? With such business-critical information being at risk it’s vital you’re able to increase security as much as possible, and that’s where GCI can help.
GCI can offer the Safenet BlackShield 2FA Software as a Service (SaaS), a cloud-based service that provides the user with “two factors” of authentication—something they know and something they have. The Safenet 2FA service offers a range of tokens, from physical keychain styles to SMS or multi-platform software versions, providing an event-based one-time password (as opposed to time-based services more generally available on the market) for user authentication, offering the most robust, secure authentication service possible.
The BlackShield service:
- Supports a wide range of both token and token-less authentication methods to let each user choose the right type of token according to their individual needs, be that multi-platform software tokens, SMS tokens or physical hardware tokens.
- Integrates with existing Active Directory/LDAP infrastructures to minimise migration overhead.
- Supports 3rd party tokens, ensuring any existing token investment isn’t lost when users migrate to our solution.
- Supports a comprehensive degree of automation, increasing flexibility and efficiency whilst drastically reducing the cost of management and administration.
- Tokens don’t expire but can instead be re-issued to new users, vastly reducing the cost of ownership and the resulting administrative burden.
- Allows individual users to have more than one token at no extra charge, being ideal for users that connect to corporate resources from more than one device (increasingly the case in modern environments).
- Is highly cost-effective, with this system providing the overall lowest total cost of ownership of any authentication solution available on the market.
- Provides a comprehensive self-service portal that allows users to carry out functions and solve issues that would traditionally only have been resolved by a help desk call.