The GCI Remote Hands service is performed via our helpdesk or Autotask ticketing system.
The services available are as follows:
- Media insertion/removal
- 24/7 power cycling of equipment
- Managed reboot and file system check initialisation (if needed)
- Restarting an individual service, process, application or daemon
- Changing/replacing hot-swap hard disks in the event of a RAID array failure
- Minor cable organisation, ties or labelling
- Observing, describing or reporting on indicator lights or display information on devices
- Escorting customers or their agents to and from allocated racks
Restrictions and reservations
The Remote Hands service is available for customers whose primary form of access to their equipment has failed and who require basic support in re-establishing contact with their hosted equipment, whilst also being available for customers who require essential maintenance or repair.