Why join GCI?
It’s an exciting time to start your career at GCI
When you join GCI, you don’t just start a job; you embark on a career in a fast-growing and exciting working environment where no two days are the same. We believe that to provide the best levels of service to our customers, we need to employ the best people. But being the best isn’t always about being the most experienced - it’s about being driven, passionate and dedicated to making a difference.
We’re continually growing and currently have a team of over 500 people, including more than 225 highly-trained technical experts. And we are not only proud to have installed a culture of diversity and inclusion, but we’re also dedicated to helping our colleagues shine. GCI are committed to providing first-class support and an environment where people are proud to work.
But don’t just take our word for it…watch the videos below where some of our colleagues explain more about life at GCI.
At GCI, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service
- Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. GCI will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from GCI for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
- Volunteering: We believe in supporting and encouraging all our staff to participate in activities that support charities and aid organisations, so we provide 1.5 days’ paid leave per year to enable them to give back.
Retaining and developing talent is a critical success factor for our business. Here at GCI we recognise the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development, to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, and various training and development programmes available, the growth opportunities are endless. We are also exceedingly proud of our Apprenticeship Scheme, which has nurtured talent in departments across the business. Our Apprentices embody everything that GCI stands for; results, passion and unity.
Think you've got what it takes? Visit our Careers page to see our current vacancies, and find out how you can become part of Team GCI.