About the Role:
We are currently looking for a very talented individual to join our growing organisation as an Account Director. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in selling complex solutions in a dynamic Sales environment at CXO Level. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business, with the opportunity for great career development.
The primary role of Account Director is to meet and exceed the Sales targets set by the company through the active identification of larger Enterprise opportunities. Existing and prospective key customers will be defined on the nominated Target Account List (TAL) agreed with the Director of Enterprise Sales. The Account Director will also optimise GCI’s revenue and profit by matching GCI services to customers’ business needs, while maximising customer satisfaction through the management of GCI resources and virtual teams.
- Identify, qualify and quantify existing and new revenue streams within the individual accounts on the defined TAL, and develop a high awareness of the GCI product range and brand on an ongoing basis.
- Report to the Director of Enterprise Sales on all aspects of forecasting, including business pipeline, sales orders, contracted revenue and GP through the CRM system.
- Maintain an understanding of the GCI portfolio and ensure it is professionally communicated to existing and prospective customers.
- Keep up-to-date with industry-wide issues and those of our customers, and identify how these translate into business needs.
- Grow, develop and defend profitable revenue streams by achieving revenue and GP targets set by the company, including renewal of existing Service Contracts.
- Assist in the development of occasional Marketing initiatives and ensure effective implementation with customers, including gathering feedback.
- Provide market intelligence and feedback that contributes to GCI’s future sales and business planning process.
- Develop account plans and Sales campaigns to secure contract renewals and new orders.
- Develop and manage virtual teams that secure multi-level contact within major accounts that underpin the establishment of long-term relationships and profitable revenue streams.
- Focus and prioritise on opportunities to sell multi-product solutions, including upselling and cross-selling the entire GCI portfolio to existing customers.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, particularly those that impact revenue delivery from customers arising from Sales orders.
- Represent GCI in a professional manner at all times both internally and externally, and support the adoption of GCI’s Corporate Values.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in selling complex solutions in a dynamic Sales environment at CXO Level.
- A demonstrable track record of continuous overachievement of objectives and targets within the ICT sector.
- Preference for experience in the Communications and/or IT Sectors.
- Honours Degree desirable.
- English and Maths – minimum GCSE level.
- Can demonstrate practical experience of applying account and campaign planning methodologies to successful conclusions at Board Level.
- Able to build strong relationships, building and nurturing effective interpersonal relationships between individuals and across cultures.
- Poses excellent negotiation and communication skills, using appropriate knowledge, interpersonal styles and communication methods to convince others to one’s point of view and/or gain the acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service.
- Problem Solving – the analysis, evaluation and solution of problems, based upon informed judgements of the best solution.
- Resilience – maintains performance in the face of adversity. Reacts maturely and positively to disappointments, criticism or unfair remarks.
- IT Skills & Numeracy – highly efficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Performance-based bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- Retail discount scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Life Assurance
GCI is one of the UK’s leading Managed Technology Service Providers, with offices from London to Glasgow. It is one of the UK’s fastest growing MSPs and provides a suite of Managed Services designed around five capability pillars: Full IT Support, Cloud, Unified Communications, Compliance & Security, and Network & Infrastructure. GCI’s services and solutions are all about influencing positive business outcomes; they are designed to address customer challenges and support mostly mid-tier, Corporate organisations on their journey through digital transformation to digital business.
GCI has almost 2 decades’ experience and the benefit of learning accrued from more than 40,000 technology deployments. Alongside its five pillar approach, which provides a quad-play capability for its customers, GCI also aspires to be synonymous with best-in-class Skype for Business Solutions, Contact Centre Solutions and GDPR Compliance Solutions. GCI has multiple Silver, Gold and Platinum Certifications including 10 Gold for Microsoft alone.