About the Role
To meet and exceed the Sales targets set by the company through the active identification of new opportunities, within existing and prospective customers as defined on the nominated target account list (TAL) agreed with the Head of Account Management. To optimise GCI revenue and profit by matching GCI’s services to customers’ business needs and maximising customer satisfaction through the management of GCI resources and virtual teams.
The Account Manager will:-
- Identify, qualify and quantify existing and new revenue streams within the individual accounts on the defined TAL, and develop a high awareness of the GCI product range and brand on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain an understanding of the GCI portfolio and ensure it is professionally communicated to existing and prospective customers. Keep up-to-date with industry-wide issues and those of our customers and how these translate into business needs.
- Grow, develop and defend profitable revenue streams by achievement of the revenue and GP targets set by the company, including renewal of existing service contracts.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives and ensure effective implementation with customers, including feedback. Provide market intelligence and feedback that contributes to GCI’s future sales and business-planning process.
- Report to the Head of Account Management on all aspects of forecasting, including business pipeline, sales orders, contracted revenue and GP through the CRM system.
- Develop account plans and sales campaigns to secure contract renewals and new orders, supporting the achievement of the targets set by the company.
- Focus and prioritise on opportunities to sell multi-product solutions, including upselling and cross-selling the entire GCI portfolio to existing customers.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, particularly those that impact revenue delivery from customers arising from Sales Orders.
- Represent GCI in a professional manner at all times – both internally and externally – and support the adoption of GCI’s corporate values.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrable, successful experience of selling solutions in a dynamic Sales environment
- A track record of accountability in delivering results
- Experience in the Communications and/or IT Sectors preferred
- Honours Degree (desirable)
- English and Maths – minimum GCSE level
- Can demonstrate practical experience of applying account and campaign planning methodologies to successful conclusions
Relationship building – Builds and nurtures effective interpersonal relationships between individuals and across cultures. Has the ability to create a network of people who are (or may be) instrumental in achieving work-related goals.
Influence and persuasion – Uses appropriate knowledge, interpersonal styles and communication methods to convince others to one’s point of view and/or gain the acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service.
Communication – Listens openly, creating a common understanding and conveys information accurately, clearly and concisely. Expresses thoughts, feelings and ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
Business awareness – Has knowledge of – and insight into – general business principles and practices, applying an understanding of business economics, customer markets and operating environments to ensure the organisation’s business success.
Building strategic partnerships – Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build links with business partners to meet mutual goals and objectives. Builds network to obtain cooperation without relying on authority.
Competitive adeptness – Maximises competitive advantage whilst professionally disadvantaging the competition.
Problem solving – Provides analysis, evaluation and solution of problems, based upon informed judgements of the best solution.
Innovative – Has the ability to create – and be open to – novel ideas and approaches, with the overall intention of improving services to internal and external customers.
Entrepreneurial thinking and negotiating – Identifies new business opportunities, generates innovative ideas and negotiates tenaciously to implement them.
Resilience – Maintains performance in the face of adversity. Reacts maturely and positively to disappointments, criticism or unfair remarks.
Customer fixation – Actively seeks to understand the requirements and business operations of internal and/or external customers. Makes customer focus a driving force behind all activities.
Motivation and results orientation – Demonstrates drive to achieve – or lead others to achieve – personal or organisational goals. Motivational competencies typify outstanding performers, striving to improve or meet standards of excellence and aligning personal goals to the goals of the organisation.
GCI product knowledge – Demonstrates understanding of GCI as an organisation, the features, advantages and benefits of the full range of GCI products and services, and how these can be shaped into solutions aligned to business needs.
Sales methodologies – Demonstrates understanding and use of Sales methods as a tool to qualify, manage and win complex Sales opportunities. Uses the methodology to engage virtual teams and prioritise the critical success factors.
IT Skills and numeracy – Highly efficient with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Must undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
Must comply with all employment policies; in particular, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.