About the role
GCI is looking for a highly-motivated Contact Centre Solutions Specialist. The successful candidate will participate in the design, development and deployment of new and existing Contact Centre and Voice IVR solutions. This role actively demonstrates the company ethos of “Quality, Innovation and Expertise”, contributing to increased revenue through successful Pre-Sales and solution design activity.
Reporting to the Head of Voice Service Delivery, as part of the Voice Service Delivery Team the ideal candidate will:
- Function as a key member of the team, contributing to the successful delivery of new products and existing services.
- Be responsible for customer engagement, low-level design, implementation, testing and documenting of new Contact Centre/IVR solution builds.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and proactive monitoring of existing GCI Voice platforms and associated databases, including the raising of support tickets where necessary.
- Assist with the research of new products, services and technologies relevant to GCI Voice Services department.
Key responsibility areas
Design interpretation, configuration, customer build engagement, and end user training of IVR, PCI and Contact Centre Solutions.
Support for all IVR /PCI/Contact Centre solutions for both customer and internal solutions, providing advanced troubleshooting of issues. Acts as a point of escalation for Support Desk and 1st/ 2nd Line Support Engineers.
Demonstrates collaboration with peers and other teams within GCI, as well as a passion for change and innovation. Contributes towards continuous improvement. Effectively manages priorities to meet the demands of the business.
Compliance with the current processes and work procedures within their functional areas. Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies. Provides support and subject-matter expertise in re-engineering processes and their effective implementation whilst retaining the same high levels of service.
Ensure the GCI Change Control process is followed strictly when working on production environments.
Key competency area
- Can engage effectively with customers at all levels to understand their requirements.
- Corrects problems promptly and without becoming defensive.
- Follows through on customer enquiries and requests personally.
- Proactively seeks customers input and provides action-oriented feedback on progress.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within specialism.
- Applies knowledge to meet objectives.
- Knows when and where to seek guidance.
- Asks relevant questions to gather necessary information.
- Analyses and evaluates simple problems within own discipline/subject area.
- Uses tried and tested approaches to solve problems.
- Actively participates in team activities and assists others in completing tasks.
- Becomes familiar with team goals and objectives.
- Treats others with respect, shows empathy and understanding.
- Keeps to meeting times, agrees actions and achieves timely results for the team.
A good working knowledge of the following technologies is desired:
- Contact Centre Technology
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
- ASR (Automated Speech Recognition)
- SMS (Short Messaging Service)
- VOIP (Voice-Over Internet Protocol)
- UC (Unified Communications)
Interfaces / Platforms
- EICC (Enghouse Interactive Contact Centre)
- CCSP (Cosmo Call Service Provider)
- APIs (HTTP, XML)
- PLATFORMS (IVR, ASR, Mobile, TDM & SIP Switch Platforms)
- WEB (Website and web service structures)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
Mandatory key competencies
- Takes responsibility for own standards of professional behaviour.
- Has a good understanding of the GCI Values and the underpinning competencies applicable to the role.
- Treats colleagues with respect, acknowledges diversity and embraces the positive elements of cultural differences.
- Appreciates, and does not discriminate in any way against, the legal “Protected Characteristic groupings of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation”.
– Is loyal and committed to GCI, promoting a positive, realistic image of the company to colleagues and the public.
Act in accordance with GCI’s corporate security standards.
- IS Security Policy
- HR Security Policy