About the Role
The customer solution specialist is involved in design and implementation of both customer network and security solutions, alongside providing 3rd line support.
Build and deploy new customer network and security solutions. Liaise with GCI pre-sales and the customer to gather information on their current network, existing and future needs and gain approval on their new solution. Designs are to be to a high standard, scalable, supportable and in line with current Best Practice.
3rd line escalation support for existing customers.
Maintenance of existing customer solutions including regular firewall policy reviews and network improvement.
Monitoring GCI firewalls and security devices for threats
- Knowledge and experience of GCI customer network and security solutions
- Engineering function, incident resolution and solution delivery
- CCNP or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Aware of common security threats and mitigation
- Network and Security engineering skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams and customers
- Ability to lead technical teams when delivering a security solution
Teamwork, Communication, Leadership, Attention to Detail
The ability to work under own initiative is highly important
- Must undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
- Must comply with all employment policies in particular Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities
- Must comply with GCI’s Information Security Policies in line with ISO 27001 standard.