GCI is one of the UK’s leading Managed Service Providers, helping organisations evolve from traditional technology environments. We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and talented individuals who can help us achieve our goals, and to help us drive the business forward.
Our customers span multiple sectors and range from single office organisations to those with more than 700 sites. Throughout our 16-year history, GCI’s aim has been to build something special; a progressive organisation with a well invested service delivery infrastructure, empowered staff, and the overarching goal of helping businesses transition from legacy technology to benefit rich new world options.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Centre (DC) Engineer / Technician who wishes to further their career. The successful candidate will support the DC Manager in all DC related activities, such as associated visits, out-of-hours access requests, and the cabling and racking od DC equipment. In addition to DC responsibilities the role holder will coordinate facilities duties across all GCI office and DC locations. This will involve liaising with 3rd party contractors and suppliers
- Key holder and escort for both in hours and OOH customer and supplier access requests
- Cabling and equipment racking within the Salford DC
- Tidiness and cleanliness of the DC
- Co-ordination of facilities duties.
- Previous experience of working in a DC environment – desirable
- Knowledge of cabling (copper and fibre) technologies.
- Good general IT skills
- Able to act as “smart hands” for remote technical gurus
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Customer focused
- The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment
- Strong communication skills.
- On-call/Out of hours’ allowance
- 22 days rising to 25 days with length of service, plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Westfield Health care
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discount scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme