About the Role
Your new role, reporting to the Head of HR based in Wakefield, will be to manage the daily HR and office administration for the GCI Watford office. This is a standalone role and you will be the on-site contact for employees regarding all general HR queries.
Alongside providing a first point of contact for enquiries to the HR department, the HR Assistant will be responsible for producing letters and contracts, processing changes to term & conditions and managing employee files.
In addition to HR duties the successful applicant will provide some office admin support to the Watford office.
Due to the workload and fast paced nature of the role it is important that the role holder is able to plan and organise their time efficiently and be able to work under their own initiative.
- Ensure all HR and Payroll administration is kept up-to-date and all systems are processed and maintained in a timely fashion
- Provide a first point of contact for employee HR enquiries within the Watford office
- Maintenance of both paper and electronic personnel files and systems, including creating records for new starters and processing leaver information.
- Take part in the recruitment and on boarding process for new starters to the business.
- Maintain an appropriate and robust referencing process for new joiners.
- Ensure all inductions are fully completed and all documentation is returned and kept on file.
- Provide administrative support in providing an effective performance management process, ie, bi-annual appraisal system.
- Provide training admin support, eg, booking courses, issuing joining instructions and any funding retainer letters as necessary.
- Provide an office administration service to the Watford office, including managing emails, filing, and ordering office supplies.
- Being the first point of call for all visitors to the site.
Previous Experience: Essential
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English
- Experience of working in HR/Administrative position or within a HR department.
Previous Experience: Beneficial
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Experience of working with in a multi-site business.
- Experience/knowledge of the telecoms industry.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task
- Totally discreet with the ability to handle confidential company and personal information
- Good team player
- Able to work under own initiative
- Keen eye for detail.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.