About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Service, the IT Operations Executive’s primary purpose is to provide a professional, efficient and timely service which exceeds our internal and external customers’ expectations. This will include post-sale support to existing customers, with additional activities for supporting associated ITIL processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
The IT Operations Executive will also be required to drive high customer satisfaction with the GCI Service, (CSAT ranking and NPS), ensure that all queries (whether they are technical, operational or commercial) are acknowledged, directed and closed within SLA and internal KPIs, and support the generation of Incident notifications and communications within a timely manner.
Typically the role is scheduled on a two shift rotation between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
This role also requires that the highest standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with all active ISO accreditations and legal requirements, and that customer obligations, terms and conditions are met and delivered. This role may also include other reasonable duties, tasks and responsibilities from time to time.
- Provide a single point of contact for the reporting of technical incidents and enquiries.
- Where necessary, provide remote support for our hosted client applications on desktop or server operating systems, including Outlook, Entourage and Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
- Monitor the relevant IT Service Management system (Autotask) and email work queues for any service requests that require technical assistance for all GCI Hosting products and services.
- Monitor and proactively resolve issues relating to dedicated customer environments (Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 servers using System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2, Managed network firewalls).
- Prioritise technical support requests based on impact and urgency to customer business and in line with GCI SLA response times.
- Achieve both team and individual targets in relation to productivity and quality.
- Take ownership of support request assigned for the full duration of the incident lifecycle.
- Keep the customer informed of resolution/workaround progress during the incident lifecycle.
- Instil confidence that requests will not be ignored or lost.
- Provide assistance with pre-sale/post-sale technical enquiries.
- Escalate externally to key personnel where the problem is severe.
- Design and maintain product documentation, user guides and knowledge base.
- Produce and provide appropriate reports to the Line Manager as and when necessary.
- Assist other departments with support enquiries and testing equipment.
- Keep up-to-date with the Company’s and competitors’ technical product offerings and developments in the IT / Data / Cloud industries.
- Provide training advice/support to both internal and external customers.
- Provide out-of-hours support when required.
- Protect all information relating to Outsourcery, the client, partner or internal customer at all times, ensuring the application of DPA where required.
- Adhere to all elements of the Company’s ISO standards and business policies.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with all issues of business, especially when handling sensitive situations and information.
Qualification/Certificate Needed – Essential
- HNC or equivalent in IT, Business Studies, Science or relevant subject
Qualification/Certificate Needed – Desirable
- Relevant Microsoft Qualifications
- ITIL V 3 Foundation certification
Previous Experience – Essential
- Telephone-based diagnostics
- Troubleshooting around Microsoft Server products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of handling multiple tasks and responsibilities in a pressurised environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Service Desk or support role
Previous Experience – Desirable
- Understanding of Network fundamentals – OSI Model Concepts, TCP/IP
- Experience with Microsoft Lync 2010 or Skype for Business, Microsoft O365, Microsoft Azure, Exchange 2007 upwards, Dynamics CRM 2011, Office SharePoint Server 2007 upwards, Hosted Desktop services and Infrastructure as a Service.
- Understanding of relational databases – Microsoft SQL 2008 upwards
- System Center 2012 management components, e.g. SCCM; SCVMM
- Adhere to all elements of the Company’s ISO standards and business policies relevant to the team.
- Protect the confidentiality of all relating ISO standards and documentation when representing the Company in an internal or external environment
- Maintain the Company’s high standards with regards to protecting the environment and ensuring quality of delivery.
- Experience of delivery to ISO standards
Department Responsibility – Employee / Team
- Mentors and motivates others
- Responsible for team actions and output levels
Department Responsibility – Budget / Finance
- Restricts unnecessary spend and reduces waste
- Strives to reduce annual budget spend
Personality and Behaviour
- Understands duties and responsibilities
- Has necessary job knowledge and technical skills
- Understands company mission/values
- Keeps job knowledge current
- In command of critical issues.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing
- Creates accurate and punctual reports
- Shares information and ideas with others
- HGood listening skills
- Interacts well with others
- Uses the median appropriate for the audience.
- Adapts to change
- Open to new ideas
- Takes on new responsibilities
- Handles pressure well
- Adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Builds customer confidence
- Committed to increasing customer satisfaction
- Sets achievable customer expectations
- Assumes responsibility for solving customer problems
- Ensures commitments to customers are met
- Solicits opinions and ideas from customers
- Responds to internal customers
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities
- Listens to others and values opinions
- Helps team leader to meet goals
- Welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.
GCI Managed Services Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer.