About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Customer Support, the IT Operations Executive’s primary purpose is to provide a professional, efficient and timely service which exceeds our internal and external customer’s expectations. This will include post sale support to existing customers with additional activities for supporting associated ITIL processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management & Change Management.
The IT Operations Executive will also be required to drive high customer satisfaction with the GCI Service, (CSAT ranking and NPS), ensure that all queries (whether they be technical, operational or commercial) are acknowledged, directed and closed within SLA and internal KPIs and support generation of Incident notifications and communications within a timely manner.
Typically the role is scheduled on a two shift rotation between the hours of 8am and 6pm and contains an on call rota.
This role also requires that the highest standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with all active ISO accreditations, legal requirements and that customer obligations and terms and conditions are met and delivered. This role may also include other reasonable duties, tasks and responsibilities from time to time.
- Provide a single point of contact for the reporting of technical incidents and enquiries.
- Where necessary, provide remote support for our hosted client applications on desktop \ server operating systems including Outlook, Entourage, and Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
- Monitor the relevant IT Service Management system (Microsoft Dynamics CRM) and email work queues for any service requests that require technical assistance for all GCI Hosting products and services.
- Provide out of hours support as part of the on-call systems engineer rota.
- Monitor and proactively resolve issues relating to dedicated customer environments (Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 servers using System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2, Managed network firewalls).
- Prioritise technical support requests based on impact & urgency to customer business and in line with GCI SLA response times.
- Achieve both team and individual targets in relation to productivity and quality.
- Take ownership of support request assigned for the full duration of the incident lifecycle.
- Keep the customer informed of resolution \ workaround progress during the incident lifecycle.
- Engender confidence that requests will not be ignored or lost.
- Provide assistance with pre-sale/post sale technical enquiries.
- Escalate externally to key personnel where the problem is severe.
- Design and maintain product documentation, user guides and knowledge base.
- Produce and provide appropriate reports to the Line Manager as and when necessary.
- Assist other departments with support enquiries and testing equipment.
- Keep up to date with the Company’s and competitor’s technical product offerings and developments in the IT / Data / Cloud industry.
- Provide training advice / support to both internal and external customers.
- Provide out of hours support when required.
- Protect all information relating to GCI, the client, partner or internal customer at all times ensuring the application of DPA where required.
- Adhere to all elements of the Company’s ISO standards and business policies.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with all issues of business, especially when handling sensitive situations and information.
- HNC or equivalent in IT, Business Studies, Science or relevant subject
- Relevant Microsoft Qualifications
- ITIL V 3 Foundation certification
- Telephone based diagnostics
- Troubleshooting around Microsoft Server products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of handling multiple tasks and responsibilities in a pressurised environment
- Experience of working in a fast paced Service Desk or support role
- Understanding of Network fundamentals – OSI Model Concepts, TCP/IP
- Experience with Exchange 2007 upwards, Dynamics CRM 2011 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 upwards
- Understanding of relational databases – Microsoft SQL 2008 upwards
- System Center 2012 management components e.g. SCCM; SCVMM
- Adhere to all elements of the Company’s ISO standards and business policies relevant to the team.
- Protect the confidentiality of all relating ISO standards and documentation when representing the Company in an internal or external environment
- Maintain the Company’s high standards with regards to protecting the environment and ensuring quality of delivery.
- Experience of delivery to ISO standards
- Mentors and motivates others
- Responsible for team actions and output levels
- Restricts unnecessary spend and reduces waste.
- Strives to reduce annual budget spend.
Personality And Behaviour Job Knowledge
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills, interacts well with others and uses the median appropriate for the audience.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.