About this role
The Pre-Sales Consultant supports internal Sales Teams and Strategic Partners by providing solution proposals, cost quotes, customer workshops and design documentation for service offerings across the GCI product portfolio. An objective for a Pre-Sales Consultant is to become a Subject Matter Expert in at least 2 of the Product areas within the GCI portfolio, and to have a general good technical understanding of all other service offerings.
Experience in at least 2 of the following technology areas is highly desirable:
- Unified Communications (SfB, O365 CloudPBX, Enghouse, Verba)
- Network (WAN, LAN, WiFi, DIA)
- Voice (Broadsoft, Alcatel-Lucent, SIP, PBX)
- Cloud (IaaS, Azure, Backup/DR, Hosted Desktop)
- Office 365 (E5 Stack, EM+S)
- Security (PCI/GDPR, DDoS, Firewalls)
The Pre-Sales Consultant will have the ability to:
- Attend customer calls/meetings to articulate complex technical solution proposals
- Support ITT/RFP/Bid responses with technical solution content
- Perform comprehensive requirements capture during face-to-face workshops with customers
- Produce detailed solution design documentation as an output from customer workshops
Ensure opportunities presented by Sales/Partners are well-qualified and fit our technical capabilities. Be prepared to push back or “no-bid” opportunities that are not appropriate or stray too far from our core competencies/strengths.
Supporting the Direct Sale
Attend customer meetings, supporting the Salesperson by providing product demonstrations and performing an evangelist role for the solution being proposed. Be seen as the trusted advisor and Subject Matter Expert early on in the customer engagement.
Supporting the ITT / RFP
Support the Bid Manager and/or Salesperson with technical solution content for bid responses.
Assist Sales in providing indicative or final pricing for solutions being proposed using the pricing tools and calculators provided.
Produce and own the technical documentation to support the solution being proposed. Whilst the Product Teams own the Product Specification documentation, Pre-Sales produce associated CRF, Technical Scope and HLD documentation as appropriate for the solution.
Obtain both internal and customer approval and sign-off against proposals and technical design documentation prior to hand-over into the Delivery teams.
- Extensive experience of at least 2 technology areas from within the Product portfolio.
- Technical awareness of all other technology areas across the portfolio (UC, Network, Voice, Cloud, O365, Security).
- Able to structure and run customer-facing requirements gathering and design workshops in a professional and engaging manner.
- Able to produce comprehensive and detailed solution design documentation for review and approval both internally and by the customer.
Influencing and Negotiating
- Able to present solutions and designs in a convincing way, gaining commitment and support.
- Influences others and is able to change opinions and influence the outcome of decisions.
- Strong persuasive skills and the ability to share a common goal, gaining buy-in and commitment from peers and management across the business.
- Establish personal credibility based upon demonstrable added value within the area of specialism.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders within the business at all levels.
Planning and Organisation
- Plans ahead and establishes appropriate courses of action to achieve objectives.
- Monitors performance against targets and determines appropriate actions to ensure the necessary corrective action is taken.
- Is well organised and able to multi task effectively.
- Ensures deadlines are met and requests for information/support are provided within the agreed timescales.
- Prioritises effectively to ensure work is completed on time.
- Responsive and follows through on agreed actions.
- Administration is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a passion for excellence, setting high standards for self and others.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to make improvements to enhance personal and team effectiveness.
- Has a strong personal credibility for their area of specialism.
- Able to express ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ensures people are aware of relevant issues at all times
Adaptability and Flexibility
- Able to refocus and adapt own style to achieve goals.
- Is comfortable operating within an environment of changing priorities and is able to remain focused on continual improvement.
- Responds well to changing priorities and demonstrates personal involvement in new activities
- Embraces change to maximise organisational effectiveness.
- Promotes fairness and equality in the workplace, and maintains high standards both personally and in others.
- Supports colleagues in their work to the best of their abilities, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Loyal and committed to GCI, and promotes a positive, realistic image of GCI to colleagues and the public.
Act in accordance with GCI’s corporate security standards.
- IS Security Policy
- HR Security Policy
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.
GCI Managed Services Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer.