The Procurement Administrator is responsible for raising purchase orders, administering purchasing procedures, running reports and resolving queries raised across all business areas, as well as undertaking and assisting in tasks and duties as required by the Procurement Manager. Flexibility to work in multiple GCI locations is required.
- Direct support in achievement of cost reduction targets
- Purchase process efficiency
- NAV prioritisation
Key Responsibility Areas
Placing Purchase Orders from requisitions on Sage and NAV. Placing orders from customer projects purchasing equipment relating to the project. Placing clean Sales Orders and Sales Order trouble shorting where required. Responding to Price requests and Item Creation requests within required SLA.
Purchase systems administration
Service Now ticket management and diligence. Effective administration of orders, pricing, returns, travel. Taking ownership and responding effectively to responses to queues in Nav. Ensure accuracy of purchasing and supplier data in all systems. Proactive administration of back orders, ensuring that back order SLA is maintained.
Assist and maintain/update construction of supplier documentation and Approved Supplier database.
Administer Sales Return Orders and Purchase Return Orders.
Respond to price requests and item creation requests from Sales within required SLA. To undertake best practice to support and report to all PT Stakeholders. To support in changes/maintenance of all internal processes and documentation in accordance with the PT strategy and Compliance Team.
Liaise effectively with all areas of the business, particularly Sales and Project Management. To provide and request essential data as required to ensure smooth processes are adhered to.
To monitor PO activity with vendors, lead-time communication to stakeholders, monitor supply/delivery activity.
To provide comprehensive and accurate reporting and provide appropriate supporting documentation to support Sales and Finance.
Key Competency Area
- Candidates will have experience of working in either a Procurement, Buying or Sales Support Administration/Coordination role within a Technology company
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Purchasing and/or CRM systems are essential.
Planning and Organisation
- Plans ahead and establishes appropriate courses of action to achieve objectives
- Monitors performance against targets and determines appropriate actions to ensure any necessary corrective steps are taken
- Is well organised and able to multi-task effectively
- Ensures deadlines are met and requests for information/support are provided within the agreed timescales
- Prioritises effectively to ensure work is completed on time
- Responsive and follows through on agreed actions
- Completes administration accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure highest degree of competency in workplace software/system activity is maintained, e.g. Autotask
- Ensures the best commercials are received by negotiating with contractors and suppliers in line with cost objectives and strategies set out by the PT
- Able to express ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Ensures that all parties are informed when action is taken that impacts others
- Has effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures people are aware of relevant issues at all times
- Interacts well with others
- Demonstrates a passion for excellence, setting high standards for self and others
- Proactively looks for opportunities to make improvements to enhance personal effectiveness
- Good timekeeping
Adaptability and Flexibility
- Able to refocus and adapt own style to achieve goals.
- Is comfortable operating within an environment of changing priorities and is able to remain focused on continual improvement.
- Responds well to changing priorities and demonstrates personal involvement in new activities
Act in accordance with GCI’s corporate security standards.
- IS Security Policy
- HR Security Policy