About The Role
Do you want to work for one of the UKs fast growing managed service providers managing projects using cutting edge technology to drive business efficiency?
The role of the Project Manager within GCIs Programme Management department is fast paced, extremely varied and key to GCIs ongoing success. The Project Manager will typically manage a broad portfolio of projects including software development, new product development, business change and technical infrastructure. Due to the varied project types the Project Manager will be responsible for they need to be a real go getter who is comfortable working unsupervised.
The Project Manager is responsible for the co-ordination of activities and assigning resources required to complete each project within the agreed timescales, while ensuring the budget is met and the product of the project is of a high quality. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for stakeholder management and communications throughout the project lifecycle.
The Project Manager will be expected to support the Programme Manager in the following areas:
- Monitoring and managing project level risks
- Providing accurate weekly reports on project status
- Contingency Planning
- 3rd party management
- Cost management
- Experience working in a Prince2 environment, or similar, as the Project Manager
- Experience of being involved in planning and delivery of complex projects
- An analytic approach and the ability to draw valid conclusions from data
- Strong communication skills, with proven stakeholder management experience
- Experience in building both strategic and operational relationships
- Ability to manage and plan own time and work independently
- Degree qualified
- Agile experience
- Experience of working on internal business focused projects acting as the Project Manager
This role also requires the highest standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with all active ISO accreditations, legal requirements and project management best practice. This role may also include other reasonable duties, tasks and responsibilities from time to time.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.
GCI Managed Services Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer.