About the Role
To meet and exceed the sales targets set by the company through the active identification of larger Public Sector opportunities, within existing accounts and prospective key prospects customers as defined on the nominated target account (including prospects) profile list (TAL) as agreed with the Public Sector Sales Director. To optimise GCI revenue and profit by matching GCI services to customer’s business needs at the same time as maximising customer satisfaction, through the management of GCI resources and virtual teams. To engage with GCI customers at CXO level.
To manage customer and prospect growth opportunities.
- Responsible for creating and developing the growth of strategic accounts & new Public Sector business
- Managing and developing key strategic growth accounts and the growth targets within them
- Targeting new business acquisition growth campaigns around Skype for Business/Microsoft initiatives, Contact Centre, WAN, LAN, WIFI, RM1045, other strategic sales campaign activities
- Identify, qualify and quantify existing and new revenue streams within the individual accounts on the defined TAL
- Maintain an understanding of the Freedom & GCI portfolio and ensure it is professionally communicated to existing and prospective customers; keep up to date with industry-wide issues and those of our customers and how these translate into business needs
- Grow, develop and defend profitable revenue streams by achievement of the revenue and GP targets set by the company, including renewal of existing service contracts
- Become knowledgeable around Public Sector procurement practices through training and support, becoming an expert on them over time
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives that are launched from time to time and ensure effective implementation with customers including feedback; provide market intelligence and feedback that contributes to Freedom & GCI’s future sales and business planning process
- Report to the Public Sector Sales Director on all aspects of forecasting including business pipeline, sales orders, contracted revenue and GP through the CRM system
- Develop account plans and sales campaigns to secure contract renewals and new orders, supporting the achievement of the targets set by the company
- Develop and manage virtual teams that secure multilevel contact within major accounts that underpin the establishment of long term relationships and profitable revenue streams
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable, successful experience of selling complex solutions in a dynamic sales environment
- A demonstrable track record of continuous overachievement of objectives and targets within the ICT sector
- Experience in the Managed IT Services & Communications Sectors. Public Sector knowledge is a benefit but not a pre-requisite
- Honours Degree (desirable)
- English and Maths – minimum GCSE level
- Can demonstrate practical experience of applying account and campaign planning methodologies to successful conclusions at Manager & Board Level
- Relationship building – building and nurturing effective interpersonal relationships between individuals and across cultures. The ability to create a network of people who are, or may be instrumental in achieving work related goals.
- Influence & persuasion – using appropriate knowledge, interpersonal styles and communication methods to convince others to one’s point of view and/or gain the acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service
- Communication – listens openly, creating a common understanding and conveys information accurately, clearly and concisely. Expresses thoughts, feelings and ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Business awareness – knowledge of, and insight into, general business principles and practices, applying an understanding of business economics, customer markets and operating environments to ensure the organisation’s business success.
- Building strategic partnerships – uses appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build links with business partners to meet mutual goals and objectives. Builds network to obtain co-operation without relying on authority.
- Competitive adeptness – maximises competitive advantage whilst professionally disadvantaging the competition.
- Problem Solving – the analysis, evaluation and solution of problems, based upon informed judgements of the best solution.
- Innovative – the ability to create, and be open to, novel ideas and approaches with the overall intention of improving services to internal and external customers
- Customer fixation – actively seeks to understand the requirements and business operations of internal and/or external customers. Makes customer focus a driving force behind all activities.
- IT Skills & Numeracy – highly efficient with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes bonus, 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days after 2 years plus bank holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.