About the role
GCI are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk due to growth of the company and the need of the existing team. This is a very important role within the accounting environment, consisting of both administration and accounts tasks. You will be a methodical and accurate person who naturally enjoys attention to detail. The role will include routine data entry, and is an excellent starting point for those wishing to work in the accounting field.
- Input of supplier invoices
- Monitoring of company creditors
- Maintenance of existing company purchase ledger procedure
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Use of banking systems
- Providing the Finance Manager with regular updates on the ledger position
- Previous Purchase Ledger experience and use of Sage 200 advantageous but not essential.
- Competence in Excel
- Ability to work under pressure both as part of a team and as an individual, plus a good eye for detail.
- Must undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
- Must comply with all employment policies in particular Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities
- Must comply with GCI’s Information Security Policies in line with ISO 27001 standard.