About the Role:
The primary role of the Senior Data Consultant is to build a centre of excellence for our Data solutions. Technical Consultants are required to offer data expertise to external customers as well as GCI Systems Support Specialists, Field Engineers and Pre-Sales Team.
- Design, implement and support all GCI data solutions across multiple vendors.
- Provide customer training on data products and applications.
- Provide internal training and mentoring to increase skills \ knowledge across teams and enable GCI to deliver and support all data solutions.
- Lead 3rd parties in implementation and support where required.
- Provide escalation for out of hours’ support.
- Must acquire and maintain an expert level of product and technical knowledge and be fully conversant on Alcatel product range
- Build relationships with strategic 3rd parties.
- Experience/knowledge on Alcatel Lucent data and wireless products
- Experience/knowledge on non-Alcatel Lucent data and wireless products
- Experience of designing / documenting data solutions in conjunction with customer requirements.
- Experience of delivering bespoke training to customers designed around the installed solution
- Full knowledge and high level of technical understanding of Alcatel Lucent product range.
- GCSE’s in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Excellent verbal communication skills to include good presentation skills.
- Highly accurate with a good attention to detail.
- Organised, good time management
- Excellent IT skills
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills to deal with a wide variety of people with the ability to motivate and influence at all levels and deal with external customers with ease.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence and sensitivity to ever changing customer and business requirements
- Team player
- OND / HNC or equivalent in telecommunications engineering (desirable)
In return GCI can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. The latter includes 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.