About the Role
GCI is one of the UK’s leading Managed Service Providers, helping organisations evolve from traditional technology environments. We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and talented individuals who can help us achieve our goals, and to help us drive the business forward.
Our customers span multiple sectors and range from single-office organisations to those with more than 700 sites. Throughout our 16-year history, GCI’s aim has been to build something special; a progressive organisation with a well-invested service delivery infrastructure, empowered staff and the overarching goal of helping businesses transition from legacy technology to benefit rich new world options.
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our Product team as a Senior Microsoft Consultant at our Glasgow office.
Working within our Microsoft Centre of Excellence, the Senior Microsoft Consultant role is an expert-level technical role, providing support to both customers and GCI engineers alike. The successful candidate will possess a deep technical understanding of both Microsoft Cloud and on-premise solutions, Collaboration Suite, and Microsoft Azure and the underlying infrastructure, enabling them to manage more complex and sensitive solution deliveries.
- Design, consultation and delivery of Microsoft Cloud-based solutions for new and existing customers. They will specialise in Office 365 and Azure solutions as well as having an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
- Provide expert-level support to GCI Support Engineers and customers for complex issue resolution.
- Act as a mentor and point of escalation for Support Engineers.
- Collaboration with peers and senior leaders to drive change, as well as contributing towards its accomplishment.
- Compliance with the current processes and work procedures within their functional areas.
- Provide support and subject matter expertise in re-engineering processes and their effective implementation.
- Coach team members to ensure that the knowledge, understanding and importance of operational structure, processes and information systems compliance is clearly understood and bought into by more junior and/or less experienced members of their function.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Cloud Solutions, including (but not limited to) Azure, and Office 365, Intune, EMS
- Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Skype for Business
- Knowledge and experience of underlying IT infrastructure, including (but not limited to) Cloud IaaS, Virtualisation, VMware, Hyper-V, Storage and backup solutions, Windows Server OS, System Centre
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN, Firewall and VPN technologies advantageous
- Microsoft MCSE preferable but not essential
- Extensive demonstrable experience of the provision of these solutions/services with in a Service Provider environment is essential
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Solutions, including (but not limited to) Azure, Office 365, Exchange and Skype for Business
- Experience of designing and deploying complex solutions for large-scale deployments
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders of all levels within the business
- Is able to work in an environment of changing priorities and can remain focused on continual improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present ideas and facts in a convincing way, gaining commitment and support
- Strong persuasive skills with the ability to influence others
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to plan ahead and establish courses of action to achieve desired objectives
- Troubleshooting of complex technical problems in the related technical knowledge areas
- Identification of the root cause and contribution to technical and operational corrective actions.
- Can monitor performance against targets and able to take the appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- The ability to prioritise workloads effectively, and multi-task effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates a passion for excellence, by setting and delivering high standards for self and others.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to make improvements to enhance personal and team effectiveness
In return GCI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 days after 2 years) plus Bank Holidays, Westfield Health care cover, childcare vouchers, retail discount partnership, and a monthly employee recognition scheme.