About the Role
The Service Delivery Manager acts as the gatekeeper for all Service and Project transition activity, ensuring programmes and projects are implemented into the POD effectively and are fully compliant with agreed Service Acceptance criteria.
You will play a key role in driving service excellence, with responsibility for developing both strategic and operational relationships with our customers.
- Operations performance in line with SLAs
- Service implementation “right first time”
- CSAT improvement targets
Project/Service Implementation – Effectively initiate new customers into the POD by managing the programme of service initiation tasks and ensuring a smooth and professional transition.
- Manages projects to Service Desk handovers
- Identifies, reviews and manages implementation of service recommendations
- Drives awareness of Service Acceptance and collaborative working on Service Transition activities across Service Operations
Service Improvement – Develops Service Improvement Plans and effectively deploys them to ensure that service levels are enhanced and the customer remains confident in GCI’s ability to deliver on customer commitments
- Provides regular reporting and briefings on status of service transition activities, service acceptance risks, and service improvement initiatives
- Addresses poorly-trending service and customer experience KPIs
- Proactively tracks service levels and manages the required service improvement actions
- Provides support to the Operations Management in resolution planning
- Participates in regular reviews with customers, driving continuous improvement in both service transition planning and transition project management
Customer Change Management – Proactive and professional management of customer change programmes
- Drives and engages in continual change and process improvement necessary to improve and maximise the effectiveness of the Service Desk
- Maintain schedules of proactive maintenance tasks for each customer within the POD
- Manages delivery of proactive maintenance campaigns
- Manages change control of customer documentation
Operational Compliance – Drives efficiency through proactive monitoring and management of operational compliance
- Provides input into the development and continual improvement of processes that drive operational efficiencies
- Ensures adherence to the current service operations processes and work procedures
- Ensures overall performance of the POD is in line wth SLA requirements
Customer Complaint Management – Effective management of major customer service issues
- Responsible for writing customer (P1) reports for critical incidents
- Maintains regular communication with customers during P1 critical incidents and ensures approprioate levels of customer satisfaction throughout
- Manages customer complaint improvement activities and maintains customers at risk profile
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) shall have a proven track record of successful Service Management across challenging and complex Technology landscapes.
- Possesses significant and demonstrable knowledge of managed IT services
- Has an in-depth understanding of the desktop environment and supporting infrastructures
- Demonstrable track record of building strategic and operational relationships with customers and of leading Change Programmes to enable continual service improvement
- In-depth understanding of IT Service Management principles
- Ability to work to SLA requirements
- ITIL Management qualified
Ability to inspire, influence and motivate individuals internally within the POD and across other functions within GCI. Can effectively lead change and is able to influence customers in order to change priorities and gain commitment to these changes. Is a strong and respected mentor and coach across operations.
Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to identify with the customer at all levels and develop empathy
- Understands the customers’ businesses and the criticality of GCI’s services to their business
- Is able to develop both strategic and opeational relationships with the customer building upon a basis of personal credibility and trust
- Able to consistently deliver value add stakeholder engagement across Operations and the wider business
- Able to identify opporutnities with the customer for upselling and cross selling of services
- Works closely with the Account Manager to ensure service history and improvement plans are fully understood
Planning & Organisation
Structured and well organised. Has Project Management capability and develops effective resource and operational plans in order to ensure a smooth service and projet implemtnation.
Is able to prioritise and plan resources in order to ensure that SLAs are met and priority issues are managed effectively. Has experience in developing and measuring operational processes in order to drive operational efficiency and increased customer satisfaction
Is able to assimilate service performance data and determine trends in order to prioritise issues and develop improvement plans
- Demonstrates a passion for the customer and for delivering service excellence
- Results-oriented setting high standards for self and others
- Proactively looks for opportunities to make improvements to enhance personal and team operational effectiveness
- Takes real ownership for resolving customer issues and driving performance improvement across the POD
Adaptability & Flexibility
Is able to plan and gain support to changing priorities, and to maintain levels of commitment across the POD Team through effective communication. Modifies own style to achieve optimum results
Act in accordance with GCI’s corporate security standards.
- IS Security Policy
- HR Security Policy