To provide the first point of professional contact for GCI’s Managed Service customers with the aim to fix on first contact. This will be achieved by troubleshooting and diagnosis and where this cannot be resolved ensuring the effective escalation to 2nd line for resolution. The target resolution rate is greater than 85% of all incidents.
You will be required to progress all support incidents in line with the customers’ SLAs, ensuring a first response target of 98% is achieved. To achieve this target, you will need to be agile in managing your tickets by constantly re-evaluating priorities. You will also be required to perform a variety of proactive tasks which will help maximise customers uptime and prevent reoccurring issues. Tasks will include resolving proactive monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance and upgrading customer systems.
This is an opportunity to work with the latest leading-edge technologies in a support environment that promotes systems and service excellence.
- Dealing with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner, both over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner.
- Taking ownership for the end-to-end management of your queue.
- Accurately logging incidents and incidents, categorising and prioritising them in line with service operations procedures
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Monitor the status and progress using the provided incident logging system for assigned incidents and workflow tasks
- Prompt escalation of incidents to 2nd/3rd level Resolution Teams or third-party suppliers as necessary
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have exposure to a range of end-user support and administration, including but not limited to: Office 365, Active Directory and Windows/Apple OS support. Additionally, they will be confident in a range of technologies such as Firewalls, Networks, VMware, Lync/SfB and SharePoint.
You will proactive in your work, managing your tickets and customers from incident to being fully resolved. You will possess first-class customer service and be able to interact with all stakeholders, both internally and externally. Strong planning and organisational skills are a must, as you will be managing a range of tickets. The ability to problem solve and troubleshoot is also a requisite requirement of the role.
What we offer:
- 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service
- Training and development
- Career progression
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Retail discount scheme
- Life Assurance
The GCI Group is one of the largest privately-owned Converged ICT Service Providers in the UK, with 500 staff, turnover approaching £100m, and an impressive technical capability underpinned by elite partnership accreditations from world-leading vendors, such as Microsoft, Fortinet and Vodafone. With a local presence and national reach, the GCI Group supports customers from single offices to 700+ sites evolve from legacy technology environments to cutting-edge, benefit-rich solutions.
Blue Chip, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the GCI Group, is well-established with 25 years’ experience and national recognition as a leading IT Services company. Our unique combination of infrastructure expertise, Managed Services and cutting-edge Cloud solutions – backed by a team of industry-leading experts, elite standard partner accreditations and 24/7 support as standard – results in an unrivalled IT service. With a vast Service Portfolio, we provide everything from consultation, strategic direction and implementation to solutions via our own extensive Private Cloud platform, hosted within Tier 3, MOD-secure, UK-based datacentres.