About the role
This is an ideal role for ambitious individuals that would like to develop and progress in a fast-growing company.
GCI is one of the UK’s leading Converged ICT Services Providers, helping organisations evolve from traditional technology environments and achieve digital transformation. We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working and talented individuals who can help us achieve our goals and drive the business forward.
This role is based in Salford, and we offer great benefits to our employees such as:
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Westfield Health care cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discount partnership
- Career development and progression
Due to the growing nature of our Change Management function, we require a Trainee Change Co-ordinator to support the management of the change request processes and procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s fastest-growing Converged ICT Services Providers. With further growth planned, the successful candidates will be able to develop their career in the IT sector.
- Support the management of changes and service requests through their lifecycle, from submission to the completion and closure of the request.
- Process customer written communications by assessing priority, completing entries to the electronic ticketing system used throughout all departments of the company, and assigning the correct resources to conduct the requisite actions.
- Encourage relative engineering staff and service partner carriers to respond to customer requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist in the production of monthly reports for Change KPIs
- Assist in the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings, putting together the agenda and taking minutes of the meeting.
- Send Customer Communications in relation to the planned Changes approved at CAB in a timely manner.
- Support other business functions with admin duties as required by the business.
Previous experience: Essential
- Maths and English GCSE grade A-C
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under own initiative
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Professional and polite manner