GCI invests £1 million into voice network upgrade
A £1 million investment was made by GCI in 2014 which delivered a resilient, resource efficient next generation voice network with Shout Telecoms and Genband. This investment secured the UKs first state of the art Internet Protocol (IP) carrier grade voice platform, excluding all TDM traffic, and capable of supporting a host of new GCI voice products to new and existing customers.
As part of this upgrade GCI have released a new Web Enabled Routing and Statistics Portal (WER) allowing GCI’s hosted voice customers to have more control over their calls.
New features include…
Web Enabled Routing:
- To have self-control of their telephone numbers, by permitting diverse call routes of their numbers in routing, multiple entry time of day call routing
- Multiple entry percentage call routing
- Special/Bank Holiday and multiple targeted fallback call routes when ‘call busy’, ‘number unavailable’ or ‘ring tone no response’
This self-serviced portal offers our customer the freedom and access from any internet Web Browser to remotely log in and manage their single or portfolio of numbers at their leisure.
Equally, the Statistics element within the customer portal permits the ability to view a myriad of usable call metrics and data on all inbound calls in graphical, tabular and exportable file formats (.csv or even .jpg/.png). Such features within the Statistics package are:
- ‘Total Calls’ made by group or individual number
- ‘Average call duration’
- ‘Peak call times’
- ‘Most minutes’ by number
- ‘Average call durations’
- Coupled with the standard call statistics a customer expects from Caller Display Records (CDRs)
This fully configurable and adjustable statistical data, permits our customers to compare and contrast inbound call profiles in order to make informed decisions, in near real time and well before receiving their monthly customer CDR’s.
GCI will continue to undertake enhancements with the Web Enabled Routing and Statistics Portal throughout the lifecycle of the portal, this will ensure increased functionality and user features as and when they become available, which we will communicate to all our customers as enhancements are released.